There are some guaranteed methods that can be followed to maintain a healthy life free from diseases, in addition to the necessary practices that help prevent the transmission of infectious diseases, as these diseases have become a source of concern in recent years, especially after some bacteria have resisted the available antibiotics.
General prevention of diseases
The following is a set of tips to prevent a large number of diseases present in society:
- Following healthy diets: Eating healthy food contributes to maintaining healthy muscles, bones, vitamin stores, and controlling chronic diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes. In fact, one of the most important problems that these systems fight is obesity, where obesity is considered a factor The risk for heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, liver disease, arthritis, and some types of cancer is recommended, so it is advisable to reduce your intake of calorie-rich foods such as fats, fried foods, egg yolks, and sweets, while eating more low-calorie foods such as; For fruits and vegetables, as advised to eat foods made from whole grains, low – fat dairy products, and seafood, and reduce the intake of foods full of salt, saturated fat and trans fat, and cholesterol.
- Taking nutritional supplements: Supplements containing vitamins and minerals are a disease prevention method, especially in some societies and in some individuals who are vulnerable to deficiency of these important elements in the body, for example, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin B12, vitamin A, Iron, folic acid.
- Screening tests regularly: which is a group of medical tests that aim to detect the presence of some types of diseases and cancers early, which makes the treatment easier and more successful.
- Monitor blood pressure: This is in addition to the level of cholesterol and blood sugar, and keep them within normal limits.
- Maintaining a healthy weight: It is recommended to maintain a healthy weight in proportion to the length.
- Doing exercise: It is recommended that you try to exercise for 30 minutes a day. In fact, the duration of exercises can be divided throughout the day. For example, you can walk twice or three times a day.
- Quitting smoking: smoking is one of the reasons for destroying health, reducing the number of years of life expected for an individual, and death, so it is advised to quit smoking.
- Good sleep: It is important for an individual to get a lot of rest and sleep every day. In fact, Serotonin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and folic acid affect the quality and quality of sleep, so food plays an important role in good sleep. Therefore it is advisable to focus on complex carbohydrates, lean protein and unsaturated fats.
Means to prevent infection
Here is a set of basic healthy habits to prevent infection and prevent the spread of germs.
- Attention to safe cooking practices: These include the following practices:
- Use hot water and soap to clean the utensils used in cooking.
- Use disposable kitchen cleaning towels, and wash regular cleaning towels frequently, to avoid bacteria accumulating on them.
- Wash fruits and vegetables before eating them under running tap water.
- Separate fresh product slicers from raw meat slicers.
- Cook food properly and with appropriate heat to kill germs.
- Keeping food inside the refrigerator or freezer, as the refrigerator stops the growth of most bacteria in foods, while some types of bacteria can die inside the freezer.
- Good handwashing frequently: Many diseases can be transmitted through clothes, things, and surfaces. Germs can live in these places for a period ranging from several minutes to several months, depending on the difference in their type. Therefore, the Centers for Disease Control recommends for Disease Control) Carefully wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, then dry hands with paper towels, but in the absence of running water you can use handkerchiefs or gel cleaning hands that contain alcohol.
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces: It is recommended to clean the various surfaces in the home using water and soap, with the necessity of sterilizing the bathroom and the kitchen regularly, using appropriate disinfection and sterilization liquid such as bleach solution or alcohol. A sick individual.
- Covering the mouth when sneezing and coughing: Some diseases can spread through coughing and sneezing in the form of very small drops that may be difficult to see but sprinkle in the air. In fact, the individual can transmit diseases despite the absence of symptoms of the disease on him, as most infectious diseases remain a period From the time inside the body of the individual preparing to attack through growth and division, but without symptoms of the disease, which makes the individual able to transmit the infection to others with coughing and sneezing, therefore it is recommended to cover the mouth with an arm, or the sleeves of clothes, or the area of curvature of the elbow.
- Non-sharing of personal tools: It is prohibited to share personal tools and materials, especially those that are difficult to sterilize, such as; toothbrushes, razors, towels, needles, and nail clippers; these materials and tools can be a source of bacterial, viral, or fungal infections.
- Taking the necessary vaccines: There are necessary vaccines for children and others for adults that are recommended to be taken to prevent infection, in addition to the availability of vaccines taken in the event of travel to certain regions of the world, and the importance of vaccines in preventing infectious diseases by encouraging the body to produce blood cells White and antibodies that attack germs if the body is exposed to it again.
- Having safe sex: Using condoms is one way to prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
- Dealing with animals with caution: There are many diseases that can be transmitted through animals, so care must be taken when raising domestic pets for a veterinarian’s review to ensure their safety and give them the necessary vaccinations, in addition to the need to clean their area, and prevent children from approaching the feces of these animals.