Apple cider vinegar
It is vinegar resulting from fermenting apple juice, but adding yeast to it turns the fruit sugar in apples into alcohol, and this is called fermentation, as bacteria convert alcohol to acetic acid, which gives vinegar its sour taste and strong aroma, and vinegar is marketed Apples that have been treated to prevent spoilage in sealed cans or bottles, are indicated as being relatively low in protein, fat, and vitamins, such as vitamin C and vitamin A, and they also contain an average amount of carbohydrates.
The benefits of apple cider vinegar medically
- Eliminate bacteria: can eliminate many types of pathogens, including bacteria, as it has been used for cleaning and sterilization, and it has been used for two thousand years as a pit cleaner by Hippocrates and has been used in the treatment of nail fungi, lice, warts, and otitis, It has been used as a food preservative against corruption and helps reduce acne when applied to the skin, but this research has not been confirmed to date.
- Helps to reduce blood sugar levels and fights diabetes: The high level of sugar in the blood is a big problem, especially for people who suffer from diabetes, which is the main cause of ageing and some chronic diseases, so apple cider vinegar improves insulin sensitivity if the amount of intake is ingested Of carbohydrates by 19-43%, greatly reducing blood sugar, and also improving insulin responses.
- Promotes digestive health: To enhance digestive health and provide benefits to intestinal bacteria, such as strengthening immunity, improving digestion, and absorbing important nutrients, vinegar can be added to the diet throughout the day as much as one tablespoon, or two tablespoons.
The general benefits
- Treats sunburn: is a natural remedy for dry skin, which is damaged by sunlight. When exposed to sunburn, a cup of apple cider vinegar is added to a quarter cup of coconut oil and a little lavender oil to lukewarm water, and then the mixture is applied to the areas Sun-damaged.
- It strengthens the skin: because it is known for its antibacterial properties; it helps the skin to treat and cure acne, and to alleviate its effects by eliminating the bacteria that cause pimples.
- Helps in losing weight and feeling full: helps to lose weight, due to its ability to reduce blood sugar, in addition to lowering insulin levels, and many studies have shown that increases the feeling of satiety, especially when consumed with meals rich in carbohydrates, Therefore, fewer calories will be obtained.