Corn flour is obtained by grinding the whole corn core, and cornflour is used in baking or mixed with other flour to prepare the dough, Corn flour is the main ingredient in corn cakes or cornbread, and the nutritional values of white corn flour are similar. And yellow, and either of them can be part of a balanced diet, as cornmeal is considered a healthy flour when used in moderation with foods rich in nutrients.
The benefits of cornmeal
Corn is a rich source of beneficial elements for the human body, and its permanent availability in the diet is recommended, and the following explains some of the nutritional benefits of corn:
- Fibres: Corn is rich in fibre, which helps treat and reduce problems in the digestive system, such as constipation and hemorrhoids.
- Folic acid: Folic acid helps prevent heart disease, and studies have shown that folic acid prevents the accumulation of homocysteine in the body, whose long-term rise is associated with high rates of heart disease.
- Antioxidants: All types of corn contain a high percentage of antioxidants, which are important for fighting various types of cancer in the body.
- Vitamin B: Corn is a rich source of vitamin B, and its various derivatives, especially thiamine and niacin, as thiamine is necessary to maintain nerve health, and that niacin deficiency can lead to infection with pellagra, a disease that usually affects individuals who They suffer from malnutrition, and its symptoms include diarrhea, dementia, and dermatitis.
- Phosphorous: All types of corn are rich in phosphorous, and phosphorous is necessary to regulate natural growth, bone health and kidney performance.
- Magnesium: Corn contains a high percentage of magnesium, and it is necessary to maintain a normal heart rate and to increase bone strength.
The nutritional value of corn
Corn contains essential elements, which are beneficial to the human body. Below is the nutritional value of each nutrient per 100 grams of corn:
- Calories: 96 calories
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 grams
- Sugar: 4.5 grams
- Fibre: 2.4 g
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Omega-3 oil: 0.02 g